Because this web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices. By displaying this privacy statement, this web site has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours or third party personally identifiable information that is collected from you through the web site
- The organization collecting the information
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under www.spaceday.org control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information
Lockheed Martin created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.spaceday.org.
Internet Protocol (IP) addresses along with other information such as browser type, access times and pages visited are automatically logged by the site to help diagnose problems with our server, analyze trends and to administer our Web site. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. So while the user session will be tracked to give us an idea what parts of our site users' are visiting, the user will be anonymous.
This site contains links to other sites. www.spaceday.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Space Day does not require you to give any personal information in order to access our site. We collect no personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by adult users. User information is not distributed or sold, and is intended for the sole and exclusive use of the Space Day program. Space Day does not require any personally identifiable information from children in order for them to participate in its games and activities.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
All of our users' information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. At hire, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our visitors' information is protected. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we will employ reasonable and current Internet security methods and technologies.
Space Day has also agreed to the following children's requirements when a visitor is under 13 years old. Space Day will:
- NOT request or require any personally identifiable information. If http://www.spaceday.org/ learns that a user under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information the site will take steps to remove that user's information from the database.
- NOT collect personally identifiable offline contact information.
- NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information.
- NOT entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more
- information than is needed to participate in the activity.
We use Webmaster e-mail links located in the bottom navigation on every page to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We read every message sent in and try to reply promptly to every one. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also file your comments to improve the site and program, or review and discard the information. Your personal information is only shared with third parties with your explicit permission.
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our Web site.
Notification of Changes
We will notify you directly if there is a material change in our privacy practices. We will take commercially reasonable measures to obtain written or active e-mail consent from the user if spaceday.org is going to be using the information collected from the user in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. We will also post the changes in our privacy statement 30 days prior to a change.
Contacting the Web Site